Quinoa Crust Pizza Recipe
Aug 14, 2020
Gluten Free + Vegan
This is a whole foods based version of this traditionally unhealthy comfort food, very easy to make and delicious.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup oats
- 2 tbsp flax meal
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp mixed herbs(e.g. oregano, thyme, rosemary)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy milk or almond milk
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
Tomato paste, vegan mozzarella cheese ( page 29 or Miyoko's vegan mozarella), sliced mushrooms, bell peppers, sliced onions, arugula.
- Soak the quinoa in water, covering it by at least 1", for 6 - 8 hours.
- Once you're ready to make the crust, preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a 9" cake pan or a pizza tray with parchment paper . Thoroughly rinse quinoa, then add to a blender.
- Add the water, baking soda, salt, non dairy milk, apple cider vinegar, oats, flaxmeal, and blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- This should resemble a thick pancake batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, smooth out with spatula and bake for 10 minutes. Remove.
- Top with sauce, vegan cheese and any other toppings you'd like and bake for 12 - 15 minutes until cheese has melted and started to brown.
- Add arugula on after it's done cooking and out of the oven.
Makes: 10-12 inch round pizza